This program is offered to candidates who wish to earn a teaching qualification after graduating in any degree programme except education. The program provides a flexible route to earn teaching profession qualification and allows candidates to combine work and study. It leads to certification in the teaching profession equivalent to a degree level qualification in education.
- Principles of Curriculum Development and Teaching
- Introduction to Educational Psychology
- Principles of Education,
- Research Methods and Data Analysis,
- Classroom Interaction & Research,
- Assessment and Evaluation,
- Management of Education and School Administration,
- Practicum and Field Report.
- Human Rights Education,
- Adult Learning, Language Education,
- Library Education and Information Management,
- Introduction to Entrepreneurial Education,
- Administrative & Organizational Behavior,
- Human Resources Development in Educational Organizations,
- Sociology of Education,
- Educational Guidance and Counseling
- Theory and Practice of Fitness Promotion
Program delivery mode
All course materials are shared via the Moodle system. Instructors use the Zoom video conferencing facility for conducting weekly lectures where you will be required to participate.
The program has coursework and a final written examination. The coursework may include individual and/or group assignments such as project proposals, reports, business plans, written assignments, discussion activities, case studies, and tests, which are conducted online via the Moodle system. The final examination is held at our learning centers in Mwanza, Mbeya, and Dar es Salaam. The coursework carries 50 marks, and the final examination carries 50 marks.
Who May Apply?
You should possess a Bachelor Degree in any field from a recognized university or other higher education institution.
How to Apply?
Application is done online through this link Postgraduate online application (https://aris2.udsm.ac.tz/pgoa/login.php). Open this link to read application guidelines and apply directly to the University using our online system. You should remember to select an appropriate program i.e. PDGE Online as the similar programs which are offered in face to face are in the system.
This is a blended program with few face to face sessions conducted at the University Main campus and at our centers in Mwanza, Mbeya, and Arusha. Furthermore, students access learning materials and have online discussions with their lecturers through Moodle system.
The program takes 12 months. The Tuition fee is TZS 2,000,000 for local students and US$3,075 for foreign students.